49. E. Lafalce, E. Amerling, Y. Zhi-Gang, P. Sercel, L. Whittaker-Brooks, and V. Vardeny. Broken inversion symmetry and Rashba splitting in organic-inorganic lead-halide perovskites revealed through two-photon absorption spectroscopy. Submitted
48. E. Amerling, K. Hansen, and L. Whittaker-Brooks. Resolving buried optoelectronic features in metal halide perovskites via modulation spectroscopy studies. Submitted
47. M. Pham, E. Amerling, H. M. Luong, A. T. Ngo, K. Hansen, H. T. Pham, T. N. Vu, H. D. Tran, L. Whittaker-Brooks, T. D. Nguyen. Unusually large circularly polarized effect in non-chiral superlattice-like Ruddlesden-Popper perovskites. Submitted
46. E. Amerling, Y. Zhai, B. W. Larson, Y. Yao, B. Fluegel, Z. Owczarczyk, H. Lu, L. Whittaker-Brooks, V. Blum, and J. L. Blackburn. Charge Transfer States and Carrier Generation in 1D Organolead Iodide Semiconductors. J. Mater. Chem. A, 2021, 9, 14977-14990.
45. J. Ogle, D. Powell, D. Nordlund, D.–M. Smilgies, and L. Whittaker-Brooks. Promoting band-like transport in well-defined and highly conducting polymer thin films via counter-ion dopant and polymerization effects. Appl. Polym. Mater., 2021, 3, 2938-2949.
44. P. Ranga, A. Bhattacharyya, L. Whittaker-Brooks, M. A. Scarpulla, S. Krishnamoorthy. N-type doping of LPCVD-grown β-Ga2O3 thin films using solid-source germanium. JVST A, 2021, 39, 030404.
43. E. Amerling, H. Lu, B. W. Larson, A. E. Maughan, A. Phillips, E. Lafalce, L. Whittaker-Brooks, J. Berry, M. C. Beard, Z. V. Vardeny, and J. L. Blackburn. A multidimensional perspective on electronic doping in metal halide perovskites. ACS Energy Lett., Accepted 2021.
42. D. Powell, E. Campbell, L. Flannery, J. Ogle, L. Whittaker-Brooks. Steric hindrance dependence on the spin and morphology properties of highly oriented self-doped organic small molecule thin films. Mater. Adv., 2021, Advanced Article.
41. L. Flannery, J. Ogle, D. Powell, C. J. Tassone, and L. Whittaker-Brooks. Voltage bias stress effects in organic-inorganic halide perovskites are strongly dependent on morphology and ion migration pathways. J. Mater. Chem. A., 2020, 8, 25109-25119.
40. E. Amerling, S. Baniya, E. Lafalce, S., Blair, V. Vardeny, and L. Whittaker-Brooks. Quantifying exciton heterogeneities in mixed-phase organometal halide multiple quantum wells via Stark spectroscopy studies. ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 2020, 12, 52538-52548.
39. J. Ogle, N. Lahiri, C. Jaye, C. J. Tassone, D. A. Fischer, J. Louie, L. Whittaker-Brooks. Semiconducting to metallic electronic landscapes in defects controlled two-dimensional π-d conjugated coordination polymer thin films. Adv. Funct. Mater., 2020, 2006920.
38. A. Bhattacharyya, P. Ranga, S. Roy, J. Ogle, L. Whittaker-Brooks, and S. Krishnamoorthy. Low temperature homoepitaxy of (010) β-Ga2O3 by metal-organic vapor phase deposition: Expanding the growth window. Appl. Phys. Lett., 2020, 117, 142102.
37. C. G. Hawkins, A. Verma, W. Horbinski, R. Weeks, P. Mukherjee, and L. Whittaker-Brooks. Decreasing the ion diffusion pathways for the intercalation of multivalent cations in defect-tolerant TiS2-x nanobelt cathode insertion hosts. Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 2020, 12, 21788–21798.
36. M. T. Pham, E. Amerling, H. M. Luong, H. Dang, L. Whittaker-Brooks and T. D. Nguyen. Origin of Rashba spin-orbit coupling in 2D and 3D lead iodide perovskites. Sci. Rep., 2020, 10, 4964.
35. J. Ogle, D. Powell, E. Amerling, D.-M. Smilgies, and L. Whittaker Brooks. Quantifying multiple crystallite orientations and crystal heterogeneities in complex thin film materials. CrystEngComm, 2019, 21, 5707-5720.
34. W. Nimens, S. Lefave, L. Flannery, J. Ogle, D. -M. Smilgies, M. Kieber-Emmons, and L. Whittaker-Brooks. Understanding hydrogen bonding interactions in crosslinked methylammonium lead iodide crystals: towards reducing moisture and light degradation pathways. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2019, 58, 13912-13921.
33. L. Flannery, H. Galvez, W. Nimens, A. A. Rahman, and L. Whittaker-Brooks. WWMOD? What would metal oxides do?: Redefining their applicability in today’s energy technologies. Polyhedron, 2019, 170, 334-358.
32. C. Fei, M. Zhou, J. Ogle, D.-M. Smilgies, L. Whittaker-Brooks, H. Wang. Self-assembled propylammonium cations at grain boundaries and film surface to improve efficiency and stability of perovskite solar cells. J. Mater. Chem. A., 2019, 7, 23739-23746.
31. M.Y. Teferi, J. Ogle, G. Joshi, H. Malissa, S. Jamali, D. L. Baird, J.M. Lupton, L. Whittaker-Brooks, and C. Boehme. Tuning effective hyperfine fields in PEDOT:PSS thin films by doping. Phys. Rev. B., 2018, 98, 241201(R).
30. C. G Hawkins and L. Whittaker-Brooks. Vertically oriented TiS2-x nanobelt arrays as binder- and carbon-free intercalation electrodes for Li- and Na-based energy storage devices. J. Mater. Chem. A., 2018, 6, 21949-21960.
29. C. G. Hawkins and L. Whittaker-Brooks. Controlling sulfur vacancies in TiS2-x cathode insertion hosts via the conversion of TiS3 nanobelts for energy-storage applications. ACS Appl. Nano Mater., 2018, 1, 851-859.
28. W. Nimens, A. Caruso, M. Jonely, C. Simon, J. Ogle, D. Smilgies, R. Noriega, M. Scarpulla, and L. Whittaker-Brooks. Morphology and optoelectronic variations underlying the nature of the electron transport layer in perovskite solar cells. ACS Appl. Energy Mater., 2018, 1, 602-615.
27. C. Kilcoyne, A. Ali, A. AlSaqqa, A.A. Rahman, L. Whittaker-Brooks, and G. Sambandamurthy. Gate-tunable transport characteristics of Bi2S3 nanowire transistors. Solid State Commun., 2018, 270, 135-139.
26. A. Degrauw, R. Armstrong, A. A. Rahman, J. Ogle, and L. Whittaker-Brooks. Catalytic growth of vertically-aligned SnS/SnS2 p-n heterojunctions. Mater. Res. Express, 2017, 4, 094002.
25. E. Amerling, S. Baniya, E. Lafalce, C. Zhang, Z. V. Vardeny, and L. Whittaker-Brooks. Electroabsorption spectroscopy studies of (C4H9NH3)2PbI4 organic-inorganic hybrid perovskite multiple quantum-wells. J. Phys. Chem. Lett., 2017, 8, 4557-4564.
24. A. A. Rahman, R. Huang, and L. Whittaker-Brooks. Distinctive extrinsic atom effects on the structural, optical, and electronic properties of Bi2S3-xSex solid solutions. Chem. Mater., 2016, 28, 6544-6552.
23. H. Wang, L. Valkunas, T. Cao, L. Whittaker-Brooks, G. R. Fleming. Coulomb screening and coherent phonon in methylammonium lead iodide perovskites. J. Phys. Chem. Lett., 2016, 7, 3284-3289.
22. W. J. Nimens, L. Whittaker-Brooks, and M. H. Bartl. Enhanced sensing in mixed porous-solid photonic stacks. J. Mater. Chem. C, 2016, 4, 668-672.
21. H. Wang, L. Whittaker-Brooks, and G. R. Fleming. Exciton and free charge dynamics of methylammonium lead iodide perovskites are different in the tetragonal and orthorhombic phases. J. Phys. Chem. C, 2015, 119, 19590-19595.
20. P. Schulz, L. Whittaker-Brooks, B. MacLeod, D. Olson, Y-L. Loo, and A. Kahn. Electronic level alignment in inverted organometal perovskite solar cells. Adv. Mater. Interfaces, 2015, 2, 1-6.
19. L. Whittaker-Brooks, J. Gao, A. K. Hailey, C. R. Thomas, N. Yao, and Y-L. Loo. Bi2S3 nanowire networks as electron acceptor layers in solution-processed hybrid solar cells. J. Mater. Chem. C, 2015, 3, 2686-2692.
18. A. A. Stabile, S. K. Singh, T-L Wu, L. Whittaker, S. Banerjee, and G. Sambandamurthy. Separating electric field and thermal effects across the metal-insulator transition in vanadium oxide nanobeams. Appl. Phys. Lett., 2015, 107, 013503.
17. Y. Ren, A. M. Hiszpanski, L. Whittaker-Brooks, and Y-L. Loo. A structure-property relationship study of substitution effects on isoindigo derivatives as electron donors in organic solar cells. ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 2014, 6, 14533.
16. L. Whittaker-Brooks, W. E. McClain, J. Schwartz, and Y-L. Loo. Donor-acceptor interfacial interactions dominate device performance in hybrid P3HT-ZnO nanowire-array solar cells. Adv. Energy Mater., 2014, 4, 1400585. (featured on inside cover)
15. J. B. Hatch, L. Whittaker-Brooks, T-L.Wu, G. Long, G. Sambandamurthy, S. Banerjee, and H. Luo. Intermediate metallic phase in VO2 observed with scanning tunneling spectroscopy. Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys., 2014, 14, 14183-14188.
14. J. M. Mativetsky, H. Wang, S. S. Lee, L. Whittaker-Brooks, and Y-L. Loo. Face-on stacking and enhanced out-of-plane hole mobility in graphene-templated copper phthalocyanine. Chem. Commun., 2014, 50, 5319-5321.
13. L. Whittaker-Brooks, A. Woll, D. Smilgies, and Y-L. Loo. Sputtered ZnO seed layer strongly enhances photovoltaic behavior in hybrid organic solar cells. Org. Electron., 2013, 14, 3477-3483.
12. C. Patridge, L. Whittaker, B. Ravel, and S. Banerjee. Elucidating the influence of local structure perturbations on the metal-insulator transitions of VxMo1-xO2 nanowires: mechanistic insights from an X-ray absorption spectroscopy study. J. Phys. Chem. C, 2012, 116, 3728–3736.
11. L. Whittaker, A. A. Stabile, T-L. Wu, P.M. Marley, S. Banerjee, and G. Sambandamurthy. Synthesis, characterization, and finite size effects on electrical transport of nanoribbons of the charge density wave conductor NbSe3. Nanotechnol., 2011, 22, 485201.
10. L. Whittaker, T-L. Wu, A. A. Stabile, G. Sambandamurthy, and S. Banerjee. Single-nanowire Raman microprobe studies of doping-, temperature-, and voltage induced metal–insulator transitions of WxV1–xO2 nanowires. ACS Nano, 2011, 5, 8861-8867.
9. L. Whittaker, C. Patridge, and S. Banerjee. A microscopic and nanoscale perspective of the metal-insulator phase transitions of VO2: some new twists to an old tale. J. Phys. Chem. Lett., 2011, 2, 745-758. (featured on front cover)
8. T-L. Wu, L. Whittaker, S. Banerjee, and G. Sambandamurthy. Temperature and voltage driven tunable metal-insulator transition in individual WxV1-xO2 nanowires. Phys. Rev. B, 2010, 83, 073101.
7. L. Whittaker, C. Patridge, T-L. Wu, G. Sambandamurthy, and S. Banerjee. Distinctive finite size effects on the phase diagram and metal – insulator transitions of tungsten-doped vanadium (IV) oxide. J. Mater. Chem., 2011, 21, 5580-5592. (featured on front cover)
6. L. Whittaker, J. Velazquez, and S. Banerjee. A VO-seeded approach for the growth of star-shaped VO2 and V2O5 nanocrystals: facile synthesis, structural characterization, and elucidation of electronic structure. CrystEngComm, 2011, 13, 5328-5336. (featured on front cover)
5. L. Whittaker, V. Lee, C. Jaye, K.. M. Baroudi, D.A. Fischer, and S. Banerjee. Large-area chemically modified graphene films: electrophoretic deposition and characterization by soft X-ray absorption spectroscopy. Chem. Mater., 2009, 21, 3905-3916.
4. L. Whittaker, C. Jaye, Z. Fu, D. A. Fischer, and S. Banerjee. Depressed phase transition in solution-grown VO2 nanostructures. J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2009, 131, 8884-8894.
3. L. Whittaker, H. Zhang, and S. Banerjee. VO2 nanosheets exhibiting a well-defined metal—insulator phase transition. J. Mater. Chem., 2009, 19, 2968-2974. (featured on back cover)
2. US 20130101848 A1. Doped nanoparticles and methods of making and using same
1. US 20130156678 A1. Graphene films and methods of making thereof