1. M.Y. Teferi, J. Ogle, G. Joshi, H. Malissa, S. Jamali, D. L. Baird, J.M. Lupton, L. Whittaker-Brooks, and C. Boehme. Tuning effective hyperfine fields in PEDOT:PSS thin films by doping. Submitted
2. C.G Hawkins and L. Whittaker-Brooks. Vertically oriented TiS2-x nanobelt arrays as binder- and carbon-free intercalation electrodes for Li- and Na-based energy storage devices. J. Mater. Chem. A., 2018, DOI: 10.1039/C8TA05645E.
3. C.G. Hawkins and L. Whittaker-Brooks. Controlling sulfur vacancies in TiS2-x cathode insertion hosts via the conversion of TiS3 nanobelts for energy-storage applications. ACS Appl. Nano Mater., 2018, 1, 851-859.
4. W. Nimens, A. Caruso, M. Jonely, C. Simon, J. Ogle, D. Smilgies, R. Noriega, M. Scarpulla, and L. Whittaker-Brooks. Morphology and optoelectronic variations underlying the nature of the electron transport layer in perovskite solar cells. ACS Appl. Energy Mater., 2018, 1, 602-615.
5. C. Kilcoyne, A. Ali, A. AlSaqqa, A.A. Rahman, L. Whittaker-Brooks, and G. Sambandamurthy. Gate-tunable transport characteristics of Bi2S3 nanowire transistors. Solid State Commun., 2018, 270, 135-139.
6. A. Degrauw, R. Armstrong, A. A. Rahman, J. Ogle, and L. Whittaker-Brooks. Catalytic growth of vertically-aligned SnS/SnS2 p-n heterojunctions. Mater. Res. Express, 2017, 4, 094002.
7. E. Amerling, S. Baniya, E. Lafalce, C. Zhang, Z. V. Vardeny, and L. Whittaker-Brooks. Electroabsorption spectroscopy studies of (C4H9NH3)2PbI4 organic-inorganic hybrid perovskite multiple quantum-wells. J. Phys. Chem. Lett., 2017, 8, 4557-4564.
8. A. A. Rahman, R. Huang, and L. Whittaker-Brooks. Distinctive extrinsic atom effects on the structural, optical, and electronic properties of Bi2S3-xSex solid solutions. Chem. Mater., 2016, 28, 6544-6552.
9. H. Wang, L. Valkunas, T. Cao, L. Whittaker-Brooks, G. R. Fleming. Coulomb screening and coherent phonon in methylammonium lead iodide perovskites. J. Phys. Chem. Lett., 2016, 7, 3284-3289.
10. W. J. Nimens, L. Whittaker-Brooks, and M. H. Bartl. Enhanced sensing in mixed porous-solid photonic stacks. J. Mater. Chem. C, 2016, 4, 668-672.
11. H. Wang, L. Whittaker-Brooks, and G. R. Fleming. Exciton and free charge dynamics of methylammonium lead iodide perovskites are different in the tetragonal and orthorhombic phases. J. Phys. Chem. C, 2015, 119, 19590-19595.
12. P. Schulz, L. Whittaker-Brooks, B. MacLeod, D. Olson, Y-L. Loo, and A. Kahn. Electronic level alignment in inverted organometal perovskite solar cells. Adv. Mater. Interfaces, 2015, 2, 1-6.
13. L. Whittaker-Brooks, J. Gao, A. K. Hailey, C. R. Thomas, N. Yao, and Y-L. Loo. Bi2S3 nanowire networks as electron acceptor layers in solution-processed hybrid solar cells. J. Mater. Chem. C, 2015, 3, 2686-2692.
14. A. A. Stabile, S. K. Singh, T-L Wu, L. Whittaker, S. Banerjee, and G. Sambandamurthy. Separating electric field and thermal effects across the metal-insulator transition in vanadium oxide nanobeams. Appl. Phys. Lett., 2015, 107, 013503.
15. Y. Ren, A. M. Hiszpanski, L. Whittaker-Brooks, and Y-L. Loo. A structure-property relationship study of substitution effects on isoindigo derivatives as electron donors in organic solar cells. ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 2014, 6, 14533.
16. L. Whittaker-Brooks, W. E. McClain, J. Schwartz, and Y-L. Loo. Donor-acceptor interfacial interactions dominate device performance in hybrid P3HT-ZnO nanowire-array solar cells. Adv. Energy Mater., 2014, 4, 1400585. (featured on inside cover)
17. J. B. Hatch, L. Whittaker-Brooks, T-L.Wu, G. Long, G. Sambandamurthy, S. Banerjee, and H. Luo. Intermediate metallic phase in VO2 observed with scanning tunneling spectroscopy. Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys., 2014, 14, 14183-14188.
18. J. M. Mativetsky, H. Wang, S. S. Lee, L. Whittaker-Brooks, and Y-L. Loo. Face-on stacking and enhanced out-of-plane hole mobility in graphene-templated copper phthalocyanine. Chem. Commun., 2014, 50, 5319-5321.
19. L. Whittaker-Brooks, A. Woll, D. Smilgies, and Y-L. Loo. Sputtered ZnO seed layer strongly enhances photovoltaic behavior in hybrid organic solar cells. Org. Electron., 2013, 14, 3477-3483.
20. C. Patridge, L. Whittaker, B. Ravel, and S. Banerjee. Elucidating the influence of local structure perturbations on the metal-insulator transitions of VxMo1-xO2 nanowires: mechanistic insights from an X-ray absorption spectroscopy study. J. Phys. Chem. C, 2012, 116, 3728–3736.
21. L. Whittaker, A. A. Stabile, T-L. Wu, P.M. Marley, S. Banerjee, and G. Sambandamurthy. Synthesis, characterization, and finite size effects on electrical transport of nanoribbons of the charge density wave conductor NbSe3. Nanotechnol., 2011, 22, 485201.
22. L. Whittaker, T-L. Wu, A. A. Stabile, G. Sambandamurthy, and S. Banerjee. Single-nanowire Raman microprobe studies of doping-, temperature-, and voltage induced metal–insulator transitions of WxV1–xO2 nanowires. ACS Nano, 2011, 5, 8861-8867.
23. L. Whittaker, C. Patridge, and S. Banerjee. A microscopic and nanoscale perspective of the metal-insulator phase transitions of VO2: some new twists to an old tale. J. Phys. Chem. Lett., 2011, 2, 745-758. (featured on front cover)
24. T-L. Wu, L. Whittaker, S. Banerjee, and G. Sambandamurthy. Temperature and voltage driven tunable metal-insulator transition in individual WxV1-xO2 nanowires. Phys. Rev. B, 2010, 83, 073101.
25. L. Whittaker, C. Patridge, T-L. Wu, G. Sambandamurthy, and S. Banerjee. Distinctive finite size effects on the phase diagram and metal – insulator transitions of tungsten-doped vanadium (IV) oxide. J. Mater. Chem., 2011, 21, 5580-5592. (featured on front cover)
26. L. Whittaker, J. Velazquez, and S. Banerjee. A VO-seeded approach for the growth of star-shaped VO2 and V2O5 nanocrystals: facile synthesis, structural characterization, and elucidation of electronic structure. CrystEngComm, 2011, 13, 5328-5336. (featured on front cover)
27. L. Whittaker, V. Lee, C. Jaye, K.. M. Baroudi, D.A. Fischer, and S. Banerjee. Large-area chemically modified graphene films: electrophoretic deposition and characterization by soft X-ray absorption spectroscopy. Chem. Mater., 2009, 21, 3905-3916.
28. L. Whittaker, C. Jaye, Z. Fu, D. A. Fischer, and S. Banerjee. Depressed phase transition in solution-grown VO2 nanostructures. J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2009, 131, 8884-8894.
29. L. Whittaker, H. Zhang, and S. Banerjee. VO2 nanosheets exhibiting a well-defined metal—insulator phase transition. J. Mater. Chem., 2009, 19, 2968-2974. (featured on back cover)
US 20130101848 A1. Doped nanoparticles and methods of making and using same
US 20130156678 A1. Graphene films and methods of making thereof